- First of all, monogram engravings are different from regular engravings. They differ in the sense that they typically only allow three letters, and the middle letter of the monogram is larger than the letters on the sides. An example of what this might look like is given below. Whenever you select a monogram font for a customized addition with eLighters, we will add a monogram engraving to your purchase, not a regular engraving.
- Please note that if you select a monogram font, you must enter either one or three letters in the engraving text box. All monogram fonts increase the size of the middle letter, and thus only one or three letters can be engraved with these fonts. This applies to monogram fonts only. We cannot engrave two letters in a monogram font.
- Overwhelmingly, customers choose monogram fonts so that they can have their initials engraved in a stylish pattern on the item or items of their choice. This is a great way to match the looks of the products in our selection with your own style, and eLighters is proud to offer this service.
When you would like to engrave your initials with a monogram font, you must enter all three initials into the engraving text box in the order you wish them to appear on the item. An example would be a hypothetical customer named Anthony Richard Smith. If Anthony wishes to have his initials engraved on an item, he should first select a monogram font and then enter the letters ASR in the engraving text box. The order of initials entered into the engraving text box is: first initial, last initial, middle initial.
Let’s say that Anthony selected the Roman Monogram font. When he receives his item, he will see that the engraving looks something like this:
His last name initial will be in the middle, and it will be bigger than his first name initial and his middle name initial. That is the kind of style and class a monogram font offers.
It may seem counterintuitive to enter your initials into the engraving text box in the order of first initial, last initial, middle initial to receive the monogram engraving you desire. However, to ensure that every engraving request is properly processed, we must employ a rigid system that leaves no room for ambiguity. Whenever our dedicated engraving staff comes across an engraving order with a monogram font, extra care is taken to ensure that the engraving is properly applied to the customer’s satisfaction.
- If our staff is concerned that your order has any chance of being less than perfect, we will contact you immediately to resolve any issues. We thank you in advance for your help in allowing us to create the customized item you desire.
- If you receive an engraved item with a monogram font that contains an improper order of your initials, eLighters can still help. If the error was made by us, we will gladly exchange your item with a proper replacement. Unfortunately, if you entered your initials in the wrong order in the engraving text box, we cannot be held responsible and will not accept returns on the affected items. If there is any problem, please contact our customer service staff and we will do everything we can to resolve any problems in the best possible way. eLighters is committed to providing our revered customers with the greatest of service, from an easy to use website to that perfect engraving to caring and concerned customer service. Again, if along any step of the way you feel the need to contact us, do not hesitate to do so. We’d love to hear from you.
We hope this guide has been informative, and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us. Remember, if you select a monogram font, enter your initials in this order: first initial, last initial, middle initial. Thanks for your time and patronage, and we hope you have a pleasant shopping experience with your ultimate source in name brand lighters, eLighters.com.